Solheim’s Trauma Certified Registered Nurse (TCRN®) Exam Preparation Course®
The Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing (BCEN) is now offering their first trauma-specific credential to nurses who provide trauma care across the spectrum—the TCRN (Trauma Certified Registered Nurse). To help ensure nurses are successful on this certification exam, we offer a dynamic and interactive 2 day TCRN review course.
Registration for the first several courses filled quickly after course dates were released, ensuring us this will be a popular course, as well as a popular certification.
Topics Covered Include:
- Succeeding at the TCRN Exam
- Shock (Hypovolemic Shock, Septic Shock and Obstructive Shock)
- Surface and Extremity Trauma (Wounds, Burns and Orthopedic Trauma)
- Trunk Trauma (Chest, Abdominal and Genitourinary Trauma)
- Obstetrical Trauma
- Head, Neck and Facial Trauma
- Psychosocial Aspects of Trauma
- Professional Issues (Trauma Designation, Legal Issues, Performance Improvement, Evidence Based Practice, Disaster Management)
- The Continuum of Trauma Care (Injury Prevention, Pre-hospital Care, Intra-hospital Care, Rehabilitation and End of Life Issues)
- Interactive Group Exercises
BCEN recently announced that the Trauma Certified Registered Nurse (TCRN) certification is now included on the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program® list of nationally designated certification programs.